Welcome to CSI BETHEL CHURCH,Ikkadu kandigai.
Ikkadu Kandigai Congregation is one of the oldest Telugu speaking congregation in Tiruvallur Mission Circuit in 1878. William Burgess (1878 ), Rev Gerorge Macenzie Cobban ( Birth: 1846 - Died 1905) worked from ( 1878 - 1889 ) as Missionary in Ikkadu and surrounding villages.
As per Jan 1879 District Synod Minutes,
Madras -West - Ecardu / Ikkadu consists of three congregations. Ecardu /Ikkadu, Kandigai, Othicaudoo. and their respective strengths are 54, 39 and 59 respectively.
Old Church was built by William Goudie - Wesleyan Methodist Missionary Society in 1890 c.a, Our church was 137 years Old congregation and it is situated around 50 km from Chennai (Capital City of Tamilnadu state, South India). Click here to View the location in Google Maps
Our Church's Rev P.M GNANADURAI wrote the biography of Rev William Goudie, he has mentioned that Goudie was the "Prince among the Missionaries". He served a lot in and around the places of Tiruvallur District and he has built Hospital, Schools, Hostel,Lace Hall and many churches.
Hearty Thanks to Wesleyan mission and all the missionaries for sharing the Gospel to India especially in South India, so that our villagers believed and accepted the Lord Jesus Christ.
Our Church was named as CSI Bethel Church on 22-01-2005 and new church was opened on the same day by Rev.Dr.V Devasaghayam, Bishop in Madras. Pastor Stanely Jayakumar and John Danapaul played important role on building the new Church.
It was donated by Our Church Members and gave generously we have completed successfully within 2 .3 years. Our Church Congregation is not rich congregation, we had completed this new church building by prayers. Our village members are Telugu Speaking people, but our Church service will be on Tamil.